Assignment 3

I thought this week's readings were pretty interesting. I particularly enjoyed reading about how poems were generated programmatically via grammar rules and hidden markov models. In  “Digital Oulipo: Programming Potential Literature,” I thought it was interesting how each component that went into programmatically producing poems were stripped into discrete elements; from that, each piece went into forming the whole. Independently, each step came together to produce the poem. Similarly, Context Free Grammars fulfill the same purpose.

When I was playing bot or not, I was surprised at the quality poems that the bots were produced. The poems had preserved structure and the sentences were pretty coherent. It's truly astounding what bots can achieve nowadays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 9

Final Project Update

Experiment 6