Final Project Proposal

Project Title: Changing Attitude

Summary: In this project, I will look at how the sentiment in articles published in The Brown Daily Herald has changed over time. I will scrape all the articles from the Opinions Section (columns, letters to the editors, editorial, and Op-Eds) and analyze the sentiment. I will then find “the average sentiment” from 2015-present and choose representative articles for each of those years. Then, in a 3D experience, the audience will hear a computer voice read an article from each year. Instead of displaying the text to the user, the user will only see the color around them changing as the sentiment of the article changes. The audience will be taken through the change in sentiment over the years via the articles.

Details:
Concept: I think it’ll be interesting to explore how the experience varies from reading a text-based article. In this experience, because you do not see the words and are influenced by the changing colors, I am curious to see how it affects the audiences’ experience.
Implementation: I will use a-frame to create the 3D experience and display the experience in a Google Cardboard headset or on the web. For one of my weekly experiments, I created a 3D web-based project using a-frame and will use that as a starting point to create this project.
Inspiration & References: I was inspired by all the 3D experiences we saw in class and am very interested in 3D experiences.

Keywords: sentiment classification, text-analysis, 3D experience, virtual reality, computer voice, AI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 9

Final Project Statement

Final Project Update